Saturday 10 August 2013

2 August 2013 (Day 214) – Shuffle Session 4 Tracks 1-50

Anyone keeping tabs on this blog will have noted how far behind I’ve got in my postings.  This is due to my illness which has sapped my energy each day, way before I sit down for the daily task.  Today, I hit upon an idea that might enable me to catch up eventually once I return to something approaching full fitness.  It is to turn my iPod to shuffle and keep it there until I’ve caught up.  I can jot the tracks down in my journal progressively as fitness prevails provided of course I don’t accidently reset it.

And so the journey begins.  Today’s session encompasses 50 tracks and came to end when I needed to journey to the venue for Monday’s seminar to get acquainted with the set up and to hand over my PowerPoint presentation.  After this, I hooked up with “M”, went home , feel asleep and eventually logged the track listing the following morning. 
The track listing is an absolute beauty that is, incredibly, bookended by tracks from the same album.  (Tracks from “Various Artist” compilations are annotated with an asterix (i.e *).

1.       Excitable Boy (live) – Warren Zevon (from Learning To Flinch)
2.       Evening Star – Roy Harper (Counter Culture)
3.       Everybody’s Been Down On Me  - Watermelon Slime And The Workers (No Paid Holidays)
4.       Intro By El Vez (live) – Rocket From The Crypt (R.I.P)
5.       The Day That Curly Billy Shot Down Crazy Sam McGee – The Hollies (The Air That I Breathe)
6.       I Believe To My Soul (live) – Primal Scream & MC5 (“Black To Comm”)
7.       Down The Dirt Road Blues – Charly Patton (Founder OF The Delta Blues)
8.       The Roller – Beady Eye (Different Gear, Still Speeding)
9.       Wet Cheese Delrium – Gong (Camenbert Electrique)
10.   Well Of Destiny – The Pretty Things (S.F. Sorrow)
11.   Jumpin’ With Symphony Sid – Van Morrison (A Night In San Francisco)
12.   Jukebox (live) – Ani DiFranco (So Much Shouting, So Much Laughter)
13.   You Come In Burned – The Dandy Warhols (Welcome To The Monkey House)
14.   Three MC’s And One DJ – Beastie Boys (Hello Nasty)
15.   Save Me – Little Steven And The Disciples Of Soul (Men Without Women)
16.   Space Intro – Steve Miller Band (Young Hearts. The Complete Greatest Hits)
17.   Marquee Moon – Television (Marquee Moon)
18.   Tristesse (live) – Steve Kilbey (Acoustic And Intimate)
19.   Freeze – Albert Collins With The Rhythm Rockets (Shim Sham Shimmy*)
20.   I Can’t See Your Face In My Mind – The Doors (The Doors Box Set)
21.   White Lies – Jason And The Scorchers (Lost And Found)
22.   Say No Go – De La Soul (3 Feet High And Rising)
23.   Animal Wild – Shudder To Think (Sweet Relief. A Benefit For Victoria Williams)
24.   The Judgement – Solomon Burke (Don’t Give Up On Me)
25.   Sweet Water Pools (live) – The Screaming Blue Messiahs (BBC Radio 1 Live In Concert)
26.   Help – Madder Lake (Still Point)
27.   Blood Red River – The Scientists (Absolute)
28.   Don’t Be Cruel – Jerry Lee Lewis (Hail To The King!*)
29.   I’ve Only Started To Breathe – The Delgardos (The Complete BBC Peel Sessions)
30.   Someone Made You For Me – Steve Cropper with Dan Penn (Dedicated. A Salute To The 5 Royales)
31.   A Tale They Won’t Believe (live) – Weddings Parties Anything (…They Were Better Live)
32.   Your Cheatin’ Heart – Ray Charles (The Classic Years)
33.   Tribute To Elmore James – Roy Buchanan (Sweet Dreams. The Anthology)
34.   ‘Round Springfield – Lisa Simpson and Bleeding Gums Murphy (Songs In The Key Of Springfield)
35.   Come To Me – Mark Lanegan (Bubblegum)
36.   So It Shall Be – k.d Lang (Ingenue)
37.   Little Babies (Sleater-Kinney (Dig Me Out)
38.   Getting Better – The Beatles (Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band)
39.   Fare Thee Well Blues – Joe Callicott (Let Me Tell You About The Blues Memphis*)
40.   Fool Fool Fool – The Clovers (We’re Gonna Rock, We’re Gonna Roll*)
41.   Ital Skank – Carlton Patterson & King Tubby (Black & White In Dub)
42.   Fear – Little Steven (Voice Of America)
43.   Wilderness – Joy Division (Unknown Pleasures)
44.   The Black Light – Calexico (The Black Light)
45.   Two Lips, Two Legs And One Tongue (live) – Nomeansno (Live And Cuddly)
46.   I Wish It Was Over – Teddy Thompson (Separate Ways)
47.   Mousetrap (live) – Royal Crown Revue (Caught In The Act Live!)
48.   Happy Birthday – The Wedding Present (John Peel Sessions 1987-1990)
49.   Neil Jung – Teenage Fanclub (Grand Prix)
50.   Searching For A Heart (live) – Warren Zevon (Learning To Flinch)

To be continued……

No comments:

Post a Comment