Sunday 11 August 2013

5 August 2013 – Shuffle Session 4 Tracks 51-71

It’s the day of my presentation at an all day seminar.  “M” has a rostered day off and so kisses me goodbye as I leave and, for the first time this year, take public transport into work. 

I’m up in the morning session and follow an exceptional speaker.  Just my luck!  Then after I’ve been introduced, we can’t find the PowerPoint presentation on the computer.  After a delay, its found and I proceed.  Incredibly, I finish with enough time for questions.
After lunch, I last through another couple of speakers, before calling time and staggering back to the train for the return trip home.  Speaking had really hurt my vocal cords and the warm venue hasn’t done my recovery from bronchitis any favours.  But at least I’ve met the commitment.

As you can image there was little chance for playing much music today.  The shuffle takes in my listening on the train to and from the venue.
51.          Brute – KMFDM (from Retro)
52.          Two Timin’ Woman – Jack Scott (Good Rockin’ Tonight.  Red Hot Rockabilly*)
53.          Bra – Cymande (Roots Of Hip Hop. Mojo Music Guide Vol. 2*)
54.          There Stands The Glass – Ted Hawkins (The Next Hundred Years)
55.          H-E-L-P – The Heptones (Peace And Harmony. The Trojan Anthology)
56.          Bottle Rocket – The Go! Team (Thunder, Lightning, Strike)
57.          Kickin’ My Heart Around – The Black Crowes (By Your Side)
58.          Tic – Helmet (Betty)
59.          Angry – Public Image Limited (Plastic Box)
60.          Futureworld – Trans Am (Futureworld)
61.          Removable – Manic Street Preachers (Everything Must Go (   ) )
62.          Badge (live) – Eric Clapton (24 Nights)
63.          (My Eyes) Keep Me In Trouble – Muddy Waters (King Bee)
64.          Fiddling Tool – Spectrum (Aust.) (Part One)
65.          (Call Me) Back Home – Al Green (Al Green)
66.          Oaklahoma U.S.A – The Kinks (Picture Book)
67.          The Scoop – Beastie Boys (Ill Communication)
68.          It’s Never Too Late – Steppenwolf (The Collection)
69.          Iris’s Song For Us – Vashti Bunyan (Just Another Diamond Day)
70.          On The Air – Peter Gabriel (Peter Gabriel [2])
71.          Pledging My Love – Johnny Ace (We’re Gonna Rock, We’re Gonna Roll *)

*= a track from a multi artist compilation
To be continued ……….

No comments:

Post a Comment